Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Wine of Star Wars

Whether taking a respite at a Mos Eisley cantina or rubbing shoulders with the hoi polloi at a Coruscant nightclub, the characters in Star Wars are going to get thirsty.

And when they do, what will be their wine of choice?

This question, which has befuddled the masses for decades, we will attempt to answer below (feel free to offer your insights.)

The Rancor
The Rancor
Sleeping Giant Chardonnay
"Yeah, I guess you could call me a 'sleeping giant'... at least when THOSE KIDS AREN'T DRIVING ME NUTS!!", the rancor declared in a haggard voice. "Don't get me wrong, I love being a father. But oy vey!". The Dathomir native is actually quite the oenophile and has a fondness for the 2010 vintage in particular (yeah, yeah..."a long time ago in a galaxy blah blah blah" - it's some kind of time travel trick, alright?)



Bail Prestor Organa
Bail Prestor Organa
World's End Wavelength
"For some reason, the name of this wine just speaks to me", the Alderaan resident declared. The Jonathan Maltus signature vintage is a favorite of the senator. "I just get a feeling of serenity when I have a glass of...sorry - I need to go...there's a weird light in the sky..."



Boba Fett
Boba Fett
Bounty Hunter Cabernet
It takes a fine, dry Cabernet to ease the stress of a Mandalorian warrior on a rainy Kamino afternoon. After taking a sip, Mr. Fett commented "Ahhh....that hits the spot. I feel like freezing someone in carbonite. Anyone will do. It's a good day!"



The Death Star
The Death Star
Luna Vineyards Pinot Grigio
Ever since he was mistaken for a moon, The Death Star has been obsessed with the heavenly bodies (including drinking this fine wine from Napa Valley). "Here I was...content to be a technological terror. But to be confused with a moon? Wow- what an honor. I was just speechless", Mr. Star remarked. Shortly after this interview, The Death Star was blown to bits due to a womp rat sized defect.



C-3PO
C-3PO
Pink Champagne
What else would C-3PO drink?





The Art of Jeffrey Dale Starr

Jeffrey Dale Starr is a wine enthusiast, oil painter, and owner of mobile software company Purple Falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment